Páginas

quinta-feira, 15 de outubro de 2015

Marek Pasieczny - Scintilla After Arvo Pärt for Solo Guitar, dedicated to David Russell 2013




 "You have written an extraordinary piece of music. SCINTILLA has a unique sound and a strong personality permeating each phrase. I love your performance, as you give it depth and passion. I am honored that you have dedicated this piece to me. Thank you very much" David RUSSELL | Spain, 22nd of March 2013

Scintilla (from Latin: 'spark') means "a sparkling glittering particle", "a tiny or scarcely detectable amount". This miniature is my 'tribute' to one of the most significant living composers of our time - Arvo Pärt, and also my personal fulfillment of composing something mystical, profound and saturated with my catholic faith.

The piece is divided into three slow movements separated by 'attacca'. The middle movement titled "Psalm" forms the 'heart' of the piece, inspired by and based on the first four entrances (men's voice lines) of "De Profundis" (for male choir, organ and percussion). Arvo Pärt composed this piece in 1980 (coincidently the year of my birth). 

The entire work is based mainly on the affiliation between two chords: A flat major and G major. Following Pärt's "tintinnabulum" style, the score has been written on three staves, very unusual for solo guitar. 

The tuning system is also atypical: 6th E -- low G and 5th A -- g sharp. Almost simultaneously, I composed a version of this work for solo piano. 

This piece is dedicated to David Russell.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário